Saturday, September 14, 2013

DAY 258
THE CRAZIER IT GETS…THE MORE THE NEED TO SLOW DOWN
Proverbs 19, 20 & 21 and 2 Corinthians 7
Desire without knowledge is not good, and whoever makes haste with his feet misses his way
Sometimes you can only focus on one verse. That is kind of where I am today. I tried writing the blog last night to have it up early as has become the norm, but it has just been a crazy week.
I read all the readings, read a commentary about the New Testament, and tried to type. I started the whole process later than normal. I even took my computer to bed thinking I could write something, anything, just to get it posted. Then I realized that was stupid. I have been rushing around all week, trying to “do it all.” During the night I vaguely remembered there was a verse about “hurrying,” but could not remember much about it…and that was the point…”whoever makes haste with his feet misses his way.”

I was missing the way. I was so busy that I had reduced my Bible reading into “checking the box,” checking it off the list, and so I had read it but barely remembered anything of it. Sometimes it is not about reading and meditating on four chapters of the Bible, sometimes it is about reading and letting God’s Holy Spirit bring you one verse to meditate on and receive…today is a one verse day for me…if you are rushing around, so down, so you do not miss your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment